Saturday, June 23, 2007

Panera, oh, my Panera Bread

My brand new favorite place to buy bread, eat a yummy pastry, and grab a cool coffee is Panera Bread. Unfortunately, the location is a bit out of the way, but we make a trek over to Doral to get our bread fix.

This place has it all! It’s like a Starbucks on steroids (or just a big helping of yeast). There’s also wireless internet and lots of tables, and PLUGS! Yes, laptops do need power—my biggest qualm with places boasting about wireless access is that there is usually no place to plug in. But, the most startling revelation for me, which I just noticed on their website is that their wireless is free! Yes, FREE! I didn’t notice that it was free when I went, since I didn’t take my laptop with me, but I saw others, and assumed that, like all the other places, you had to pay for it. Apparently, not! What a great feature!

I’d give you a sampling of their menu, but it is really varied. They have everything from panini’s to freshly made pizza to scones. You’ll just have to visit their website. They even serve a soufflé in the mornings, which I have not had the chance to eat because so many people get there early to eat them.

The service is great considering you walk up to a counter to order your food, bread, drink, or dessert. The place is also clean, which is very important to me. There are a lot of patrons at all times of the day chatting which makes for a pleasant environment and the décor is modern and inviting.

Now…about the bread. Oh, do I love my bread! The first day we went to Panera, we actually got a loaf for free because we wanted French bread and they were baking some at that moment. So, they gave us one of their cheese breads, sliced it for us, and gave it to us for free! WOW. Free food! Awesome!

The most recent bread we bought was their mountain bread, which was just beckoning me from their rack. It is by far the most scrumptious raised dough I’ve ever had. I just had the last slice today and it was still as fresh tasting as the first day.

This place has a lot to offer and is a great place for people who love cafés, but who are a little tired of the Starbucks scene. Bread aficionados need to go and take a look too.

I hope that Panera will open more convenient locations soon… I’m actually going to try and swing by tomorrow to pick up some bread for the week.

Here’s the addy:

Panera Bread
9717 Northwest 41st Street
Miami (Doral), FL 33178
(305) 406-3330 | phone

No comments:

Post a Comment