Monday, July 30, 2007

Hialeah Cop-Out

I've been noticing a lot of Hialeah police out lately. They are pulling people over left and right. I figure it's the end of the month and all--they need to fulfill their speeding/traffic ticket quota for the month.

But just a word of caution: Tony brought me some Starbuck's coffee this morning and as he was waiting in line at the Miami Springs SB's he noticed a posting on the bulletin board about police being out and about like vultures on a feeding frenzy. This is supposed to last until August 5th or so. I'm mentioning this because anything on a Starbuck's community bulletin board is worth noting.

Also, mentioned on the bulletin board, according to Tony, is the doubling of speeding and infraction fines. I'm not sure how valid this claim is, I'm just passing along the info.

So, come to complete stops at all stop signs, don't take yellow lights (in case they turn red before you've cleared the intersection--it's a ticketable offense) and make sure you're wearing your seatbelt. If you get pulled over for one thing and they see you have another minor infraction, they will ticket you for both.

Side note: for all those who travel south down 7th Ave instead of LeJeune/8th Ave to avoid morning traffic, there is usually a motorcycle cop giving speeding tickets somewhere around 5th street. He hides out under a big, shady tree. Try to slow down, avoid the area, and flash warning lights to oncoming traffic if you see him.

I got a ticket a few months ago and I live a few blocks away...

No comments:

Post a Comment